Tuesday, November 18, 2008

NYC Events:CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Awards


Last night The CFDA (Council of Fashion Designers of America)/Vogue Fashion Fund celebrated its fifth anniversary at Skylight Studios in NYC.

Congratulations to Alexander Wang!! He was awarded the fund's top prize of $200,000 and a year's worth of mentoring.

I'm very happy for Alexander who attended Parsons School for Design says"Four years ago I was reading about this award in my dorm room in a magazine." Apparently dreams do come true for those who work hard. Take a look at the transparent dress his date, Alice Dellal is wearing from his Spring 09 RTW collection, clearly this 24 year old has talent and style in the bag.


Here are pics of other attendees.


Model, Coco Rocha looks sickly and pale, I'm hoping thats just bad makeup.


Anna Wintour of Vogue strikes a pose, clad in Marni

Charlize Theron wearing a sparking Dior, with John Galliano.

Vera Wang and Diane Von Furstenburg.


Fashion Fund finalist Alejandro Ingelmo with Agyness Deyn, in shoes of his design.


Gossip Girl's Blake Lively in Vena Cava.

Chanel Iman, in Obedient Daughters.

Doutzen Kroes, in Hervé Léger. Who wins the WORST dressed award in my book. It's COLD in NY yet she looks like she going on the beach in Cabo. This is how my favorite brand is transformed from classy to trashy in a snap. Just because it's the right name and right trend doesn't mean it's right for you. Oh and another pet peeve of mine.. I hate when ppl mix metallics, pick ONE, either silver OR gold, some instances it works.. but not this time.

Sam Shipley and Jeff Halmos with Arlenis Sosa, center, in their design.

Phillip Lim with Juliette Lewis, in his design. I wouldn't wear it, but I LIKE IT.

Damon Dash came out of hiding!

Ah, gotta love Rachel Roy, she's another one of my favorite designers, she's so pretty and she's rocking those Prada Earings! Fashionista had a DIY project for these, I'm going to have to scurry to my nearest craft store b/c these are too cute.


It isn't a party without Vogue's André Leon Talley.

1 comment:

SOS! said...

Aggy D looks fucking class. I love her shoes and her whole outfit.. Damn it.