Monday, February 23, 2009

I'm Lovin it: Nicki Manaj


Where have all the GOOD female rappers gone? That's a question I've been asking for awhile. It seems as if they all died out, got arrested, moved on, or just got plain ol' wack and played out. Nicki Manaj, born Onika Maraj, 23, is a Queens native who is setting the industry on fire with her underground hits. She has been compared to the likes of Lil' Kim and Foxy Brown because of her sexually explicit lyrics but "It's important that people actually listen to my music" says Nicki. "Because the last thing I want to be known for is my crotch." Nicki says she had sleepless nights before her infamous bikini clad poster was released. "I'm not this wild crazy stripper!" says the rapstress. She knew in order to make a mark she was going to have to do something drastic. I first heard Nicki in 2008 on "Million Dollar Baby" Featuring Max B and Knocka. Her flow is sick and her lyrics are ridiculous, I knew I had to put her on my radar. My favorite songs include "Autobiography" Baddest Bitch", and "Still I Rise". This girl has a real talent her lyrics are deep and beyond the bedroom. Some of her fashion choices are questionable but her voice is undeniably HOT. I would love to be her stylist. Nicki Minaj was discovered by Fendi, the CEO of Brooklyn label Dirty Money Records. He heard tracks on her MYSPACE and contacted her to be on a DVD mixtape called "The Come Up"."This installment of The Come Up was "The Carter Edition," and had segments with Lil Wayne and Jay-Z, Nicki's video immediately proceeded Wayne's. Wayne who at the time was putting together his Young Money crew, was so impressed by the video that he immediately began pursuing her for the label and the rest was history. Check out her music!


Warning- Nicki Manaj




Nicki Manaj in XXL Magazine


Source: Vibe Magazine

No comments: