Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Melissa Plastic Shoes


Does anyone remember when "Melissa plastic sneakers first hit the scene? It was probably 2001 or so, and it caused a major frenzy. I remember I wanted a pair (glad I didn't) some of them were transparent, scented and came with 2 sets of laces. I can remember seeing them in DSW like it was yesterday, around the same time I also discovered the brand "Luichiny" ( I haven't seen much of them lately) Anyways Melissa has been working on her "plastic dreams" again, I like them in a "green" kind of way. When I think plastic shoes, this is exactly what comes to mind.
Pamela Anderson clad in booty shorts and a ski hat in Miami.
Pam is wearing the Vivienne Westwood Lady Dragon .I think these shoes are cute as a novelty, but I personally couldn't imagine wearing them, and I'm sure they wouldn't be very friendly to your feet either. Would any of you wear plastic shoes?


12.09.08

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I have worn melissa's PVC shoes. i have the vivienne westwood flats and cannot say I have ever worn anything so comfortable...don't go for the copy cat designs as they ARE plastic! melissa's are lined and made with a high tech pvc that breathes. copy cats gives these shoes a bad name.