Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"Creepy but COOL":Barbie Massacre Jewelry

I've always wondered what happens to the Barbie dolls of the world that are thrown away after their owners abandoned them underneath the bed without their clothes. [Barbie I'm sorry] Brooklyn art jewelry designer Margaux Lange creates unique and very intricate pieces of jewelery from Barbie parts. "I enjoy the funny juxtaposition of wearing the body, on the body. Barbie has become the accessory instead of being accessorized" says the 29 year old artist. As amazing as her artwork is, it's not cheap as Barbie's plastic pumps, prices range from $50.00 to $180.00. Check out Margaux's blog, portfolio[ a must see] and etsy shop. My favorites are the bracelets and the brooches, Margaux if your reading, when I'm famous I'll be a frequent customer for those brooches.

No comments: