Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Comming to America : Carine Roitfeld

Photo via NYMAG.com Carine with her daughter on the left and Anna with her daughter on right.


It's all over the grid!.. News is that Carine Roitfeld, Editor in Chief of French Vogue is supposed to replace American Vogue's EIC, Anna Wintour. Say it Ain't so! It just doesn't feel right. Anna has been doing her thing for about 20 years and Vogue has been a household name, and stabilized American women's fashion repertoire for decades. And for Carine to fly on over from Paris just isn't right to me. Sure Anna was born in London but, America has been her home for quite some time now. How come they can't just pass the mag on to Andre Leon Tally?.. Well maybe not. But I will admit, Vogue has become a slight yawn, after my subscription was up I continued with Harper's Bazaar instead. But I love Anna and she is actually one of my role models ( who wouldn't want a whole book written about their bitchy-ness) Maybe Mrs. Wintour is tired, she has her hands in a lot of projects and times aren't as happy as they were 10 years ago in America. I'm hoping these rumors aren't true, but only time will tell, until then Vogue is still America's fashion bible and I don't think its fair to have a Parisian oversee it. (even though they are so chic) American Vogue needs to keep it's American appeal, that's what differentiates all of us anyway.

No comments: